2. The design of urban spaces and the design of consumer products are similar in the fact that the design should be geared to the people that the designers are trying to attract. They both have to sell their product or space by catching a person's attention in a very short time. They are different because products are something the consumer will be able to use and urban spaces are somewhere the person can relax or get things done. Urban spaces can be used for social things like meeting new people while products are usually just for one single person.
3. A checklist used to analyze a public space would be....
- Location, Location, Location. It has to be in a great location.
- The amount of seating around.
- The types of seating ( benches, ledges, chairs, steps)
- The relationship to the street.
- Is the place clean and inviting to others.
- Are people comfortable to be there?